MTC SLOVAKIA a.s.Special C2 vehicle for police forces
Special C2 vehicle is designated for fulfilling tasks in the frame of wide spectrum of police operations. It’s primarily task is as a Command and Control mobile Workstation, but is also able to fulfil tasks as a communication, monitoring and observing vehicle.
MAIN VEHICLE CHARACTERISTICS
C2 vehicle is based on Mercedes Benz Sprinter 319 CDI cargo van. The vehicle is designed for 5 man crew. The overall space of vehicle is split according to Figure 1.
OUTER VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
Most of outer equipment is placed on the roof of the vehicle. Satellite dish (2) and other antennas (5) are mounted on the roof rack (1). In the front part of vehicle roof is air conditioning unit (3) and LPR camera (4). In the back of the roof is a camera to monitor area behind the vehicle (8) and opening for retractable telescopic mast (6). On the right-side wall is opening for antenna cables (26) and electric socket (27). To ensure stability and proper levelling of vehicle during working phase it is equipped with two hydraulic jacks mounted behind the rear axle. While the vehicle is moving, the jacks are folded in an approximately horizontal driving position.
Crew cabin is equipped with two seats – driver seat and passenger seat. While the vehicle is moving a passenger seat can be used by vehicle commander or any other person. LCD display for GPS navigation, reversing camera and car perimeter cameras is integrated on dashboard. Crew cabin is air-conditioned.
WORKPLACE FOR OPERATORS
Workplace for operators is tailored for three crew members – two operators and vehicle commander. This area is accessible through the sliding door on the right side of vehicle. Air conditioning vent is located on the ceiling of workplace. Commander seat (14) is forward-facing and located on the right side of workplace. There is a folding table (13) located In front of commander seat. If it is necessary, this table is can be fixed on the wall in folded position. In front of commander work place is room for main circuit breakers (23) and multi-unit charger for handheld radios (22). Worktable for two operators is located on the left side and is fixed to the floor and the left wall. Two swivel seats are placed in proper position so that two operators can work side by side. Working position of operators is left wall facing and driving position is forward-facing. All seats are equipped with three-point safety belts and can be used while driving. On the left wall above the worktable is: communication console (19), remote control for telescopic mast (20) and remote control for two hydraulic jacks (29). A car fridge (18) is on the left side and under the worktable. On the cabin-workplace partition wall is: LCD display (25), fire extinguisher (24). Two 19 inch racks (17) are in the rear of workplace between wheel boxes. Each rack is 27 HU high.
Technology area is located in the rear of vehicle and is accessible through the rear door. Schematic view of technology area is on Figure 1.7. This area is designed to store 2 pcs of portable generators (9), 20 l fuel canister (10) and transport case (11). Telescopic mast (7) with PTZ unit (6) is mounted in the front part of this area. The mast is fixed to the floor.
SPECIAL VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
Special vehicle equipment provides observing, communication, command and control capabilities for the stuff during operations.
OBSERVING AND SURVEILLANCE
- Daylight and thermo-vision camera with revolving system installed on telescopic mast.
- Digital video and audio recorder.
- Independent camera system (HW + SW) for license plate recognition (LPR)
- Carry-out camera system – 2 pcs cameras with signal transmission via Wi-Fi MESH networks.
- Vehicle crew activity monitoring device – enables assessment of the operation crew during deployment in action.
- Devices for encrypted data Wi-Fi MESH net.
- Equipment for communication in VHF band – board radio, FM handheld radios.
- Satellite digital voice and data communication devices.
- Satellite digital video communication system.
- GSM communication devices.
- GSM jammer.
- Main multi-band board radio station.
COMMAND AND CONTROL FEATURES
- Equipment for mission management – server for maps and task mission management and presentation, digital map editor (if needed)
- Video wall.
- Voice communication system – radio gateway, operator workplace module, audio panel and SW application for guarantee of full communication capability of vehicle.
- Technical monitoring and control system – It gives to operator/system engineer all important information concerning to system function (power supply status, radio signal intensity, quality of transmission, etc.). This SW application is developed for use in C2 vehicle.